Association of Citizens for Summerland

Friday, August 05, 2005

So Who's Been Spammed?

I was just wondering how many other unsuspecting Summerland residents have been called by the Summerland Hills Golf Resort's automated caller. There was a lovely little recorded message left on my answering machine yesterday, directing me to the "Hills" development web-site, and urging me to offer input into the development plans... And the young lady's voice was so chipper! This type of mass automated dial out must cost a lot of money. Aiy-yia-yai. Why am I feeling a little out of my league?

5 Comments:

  • I received the call. No big deal.
    I understand it was a poll asking if you were in favour of the Summerland Hills Golf course development. What's the big deal?

    Phil D.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 p.m.  

  • That's interesting. I wasn't aware that it was a poll of any sort. The message left on my answering machine was just directing me to the website. In my opinion, this sort of "advertising" is a big deal. It is just another indication of the big money backing this development and the lack of balance in determining whether or not this is the right decision for our community. There are many of us who have real concerns, but certainly lack the resources for any sort of mass phoning effort. But this is just my opinion! I am interested to know if this call out went to every resident.

    By Blogger Amie, at 4:22 p.m.  

  • Yes our house got the call, as did a number of other people I talked who got confused and hung up or hung up right away.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 a.m.  

  • do we have any idea how many folk were called and how ther names were chosen?

    By Blogger tony cooke, at 11:18 a.m.  

  • Not sure...we got a call too. Like Amie says, it's hard to compete with a sophisticated (and experienced, and expensive) propaganda machine.

    By Blogger Jeremy, at 11:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home