Association of Citizens for Summerland

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

This just in!

Through the Freedom of Information Act, an Association member has obtained the "in camera" minutes of the discussions and negotiations between your Council and LGH (Murphy Bros & Said) regarding the Land Swap deal for Little Giant's Head parkland. You will find these discussions very interesting. I am quite surprised that so much negotiating and agreements in principal can take place before ANY public consultation process begins. Council and staff will tell you that "this is just the way it's done." I completely disagree, as I feel OCP amendments and zoning changes can be considered and deliberated on BEFORE actual real estate deals on public lands are discussed. Call me crazy, but I just think is a more sensible way to proceed. I am hoping another Association member will consider obtaining all of the "in camera" minutes regarding the proposed golf course/residential deal. I am sure the stack is pretty thick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home