Association of Citizens for Summerland

Friday, September 16, 2005

This is YOUR blog!

Because I have been making some pretty strong statements lately, I want to remind Association members and visitors to this blog that I am not trying to represent the entire membership or even the Board of the Association of Citizens. I am the 'acting' administrator of this blog, but my posts and comments are strictly my own (and I'll stand behind them!)

This blog is a gathering place for information and ideas. If you have something to say, say it! Comment on existing posts, or if you would like to post something directly, e-mail me and I'll get it up there. I'm not in the business of editing or deleting, unless something is truly inappropriate.
As for the "Anonymous" nature of a lot of recent comments, and some very nasty ones, this blog no longer accepts "Anonymous". I don't mind debating the issues, but I wonder why some aren't willing to put a name to their opinions.

So, I encourage you to speak your mind. Let's discuss the issues. And remember, I don't want this to be MY blog, it's yours. I just seem to be the most prolific writer at the moment!

4 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 p.m.  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 p.m.  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Amie, at 6:54 p.m.  

  • Two points:
    1. Amie, I agree with your decision that only folk with the character to provide their (real!) name and stand behind their words should post on the blog.
    2. There is no value in the unproven, unsupported statements made by "anonymous". Frankly I'm fed up with totally unsupported "facts" such as how good golf course employment will be. I checked the StatsCan site today and was pleasantly astonished to read that employment in agriculture and ranching in the Okanagan region has risen from 5,500 in 2001 to 10,000 in 2005! According to StatsCan this is primarily due to the growth in the wine industry plus considerable progress in promoting agri-tourism.

    By Blogger tony cooke, at 9:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home